How do I share my support calls with a colleague?

Paul Paul December 14, 2011

I will be going on a secondment to another project soon and need to provide access to all things Confluence to a colleague. How can I share my old support issues with my colleague?

3 answers

2 votes
Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2013

Simone,

What Larry said is absoltuely correct. I just wanted to outline an alternative strategy.

You could create an email list internal that copies all of the collegues you want to participate in a given ticket.

A number of our customers use accounts like sysadmins@company.com. We regularly get different individuals popping in and out of a ticket. The password for this account can be shared around to all interested parties or your collegues can just reply all an the mail thread and their commencts will get sucked into our support system.

2 votes
Larry Talley December 14, 2011

First your colleague will need to register for an account at https://support.atlassian.com.

Then you must browse to Atlassian support, login, and search for all issues that you can see. This will presumably be the list of all of the issues that you care about. Once logged in, the URL below may specify the most comprehensive "search".

https://support.atlassian.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?

At this point you must edit each issue. There doesn't appear to be a "bulk" operation through the UI. It could probably be scripted fairly easily.

When you edit an issue the UI shows three tabs, labeled:

"Step 1: Initial..." "Step 2: Additional..." "Step 3: Participants & Phone Number (Optional)"

Go to the third tab, "Step 3: Participants & Phone Number (Optional)"

On this third tab, put in your phone number, and in the Cc field, put in the email address of your colleague, then update the issue.

Simone Longoni April 11, 2013

Wow! This is definitely cumbersome! :-(

Any way to change the default, so that a bunch of my colleagues are in?

Any new ways of doing it, considered that 1,5 years are passed from this reply?

Thanks a lot,

Simone

0 votes
Dennis Kromhout van der Meer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2011

The quickest would be to share your account with a colleague, which understandably would be less handy. The best way to deal with this is to contact Atlassian Support at support.atlassian.com, requesting to add your colleague as a participant for all your tickets.

Good luck!

Suggest an answer