How do I see recent activity of my team in JIRA?

Theresa Marwah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2017

I am using JIRA and my teammate and I are creating alot of duplicate tags as we are testing at the same time.  Is there a way for me to see my teammates' recent activity? 

Is there a way to do this IN JIRA, or do I need to integrate with a tool like HipChat? 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Monica Lao
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 1, 2017

Hi! Click on the upper left corner icon, and you will see your team's activity stream.

Alexander Cohen April 29, 2019

This is really frustrating!! Can anyone from Atlassian please give CLEAR instructions as to how I can access the activity log? Which page do I need to go to in order to view it. I found it once before but can't find my way back. 

The only post that makes any sense is from 2013 and is now out of date...

Like # people like this
Thomas Robbs June 26, 2019

Extending on this answer for 2019 and for Jira Cloud...

1. Click on the Jira icon at the top left.
  2. Click on Dashboards.  The Default Dashboard is where you're likely going to land.
  3. Assuming the Default Dashboard hasn't changed, there is an "Activity Stream" gadget on that dashboard.  If it's not there, you can create your own Dashboard and add the Activity Stream gadget to it and configure it for your project(s).
  4. This will show you work logs, issue transitions, comments, etc. that your team has made to tickets in the configured projects.
Like # people like this
Alexander Cohen March 3, 2020

Thank you @Thomas Robbs - That is a great answer, I appreciate you taking the time to post :). While the Activity stream gadget is very useful, it's not what I'm looking for with this question.

There is a user specific activity log where you can check the user history for all time (within reason, not sure of the upper limit). It was in/around the user admin settings. 

I originally posed this issue in April of 2019 during an internal investigation. It's confounding that after almost a year, no one from Atlassian has updated the documentation or provided an answer.

Like # people like this
Thomas Robbs March 4, 2020

@Alexander_Cohen check this out:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-where-can-I-see-the-Activity-report-page-of-a-project-on/qaq-p/267944

<server>/projects/<project key>/summary

Edit:  You can also view activity for a specific user by way of their profile.

Like # people like this
4 votes
Raj Rajeshwar July 12, 2021

Go to people on the top navbar.

Select the user whose activity you want to check and click.

On the user page, you will have a section on the top right as Worked on, select that.

All the activity by that user will be visible on this page based on the visibility and rights.

@Alexander_Cohen 

Suggest an answer