How do I move other people's tasks in Sprint Board without it being re-assigned to me?

Ced Aquino February 12, 2017

I'm the scrum master of our team and we're doing sprint for this specific project. During daily stand-ups, we're using my own PC to move their tasks from to-do to in progress but these tasks are being re-assigned to me.

Is there a way to fix this that it won't be reassigned to me? I haven't encountered this in Visual Studio Team Services while using any PC of our team member during daily stand-up.

1 answer

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2017

Hi Ced,

Check your workflow, there must be a Post Function from Open > In Progress transition that assigns the issues to the current users. You can remove that post function. Also you can create a transition screen with the Assignee field that be used for this transition. That ways when moving the issue from Open to In Progress that transition screen will pop-up where you can specify the Assignee.

-Ravi

Ced Aquino February 13, 2017

Hi Ravi,

I'm no expert in configuring JIRA to remove the post function. Hope you can please tell me how to remove that post function so tasks won't be reassigned to me and I won't have to reassign it back to the doer of the task.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer