How do I lengthen the Component field on issue creation screen

Tim Jedlicka July 27, 2011

I have very long Component names (60 char). The first 50 characters are the same for several components. When creating an issue it only displays the first 40 characters making it impossible to distinguish the various components.

It looks like there are a variety of ways to fix this but I can't find the file(s) to modify. It appears AUI long-field could be used. Where is the css or class definitions that should be changed to correct this issue?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tim Jedlicka August 11, 2011

We changed the Renderer from a Select List to an Auto-Renderer and that solved the problem.

(I didn't design the component field - only told to implement the 50+ char requirement)

0 votes
Tim Jedlicka August 11, 2011

We changed the Renderer from a Select List to an Auto-Renderer and that solved the problem.

(I didn't design the component field - only told to implement the 50+ char requirement)

0 votes
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2011

You could alter the common templates for an input field but if you're got the first 50+ characters all the same for your components then I think you've got other priorities to sort out first. Can you not reverse the naming convention to make it more obvious the change first?

The template file is in:

atlassian-jira\WEB-INF\classes\templates\plugins\fields\edit\

There's also a list of ideas here:

http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?messageID=257366928&#257366928

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events