How do I get the pipe tables back?

jstlroot April 16, 2018

I've been looking for an answer for too much time and I surprised myself looking for Jira alternatives in the process.

Maybe the community can help before I throw my computer out the window!

Is it the rich text editor or the renderer, or a combination of them, or something else, I have no clue. But there is simply no way to make pipe tables work in Jira cloud.

||Header1||Header2||
|Cell 1|Cell 2|

I tried changing the renderer in the field configurations and I searched what seemed like the whole world wide web to know how to disable the rich text renderer and even on atlassian documentation, the buttons/links they refer to are not there. And it's not a permission thingy, I'm the Jira owner on a barebone default cloud account.

Any help will be much appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
jstlroot April 16, 2018

Ok, I finally found what was the issue. The "new issue view" lab was enabled and it didn't support wiki markup for tables

I know I probably opted-in on that new feature since it's a lab, can't remember, but that lead to me wasting hours finding what was going on. Guys, please, when you introduce new features, make sure old ones still work or at least make it easy to find why some don't?

For those of you wanting to disable it, at the time of me writing this, click on your avatar, bottom left of the screen -> Profile -> There you can disable the new issue view in the Labs section.

Thank you.

0 votes
Piotr Sturzbecher December 8, 2022

As i see I'm unable to turn off new jira issue to use pipes for tables:

New Jira issue view

We're currently transitioning everyone to the new issue view, so you're no longer able to switch back to the old issue view. Learn more
0 votes
kai
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2018

Hey @jstlroot,

Sorry you had difficulties with this. The new issue view is using the new Atlassian editor which currently does not have support for tables. We do plan to provide WYSIWYG support for tables in the new editor in the near future.

As you mentioned, if you need support for wiki markup tables you can switch the feature off in your user profile (click the ••• on the issue and click "Turn off new view") which will display the old issue view with the old wiki markup editor.

Also, if you have any feedback for the team you can click the "Give feedback" button in the top right. We read this daily and use this to inform what we build and improve next.

Hope this helps!

james wang September 20, 2018

Is there any way to edit the raw text?

Stefan C. October 4, 2018

Do you know when "near future" will be ?

Arthur_Nowottny November 11, 2018

Hi,

I also would like to know when tables are available in the new JIRA editor.

kr

Arthur

Like LuisCarro likes this

Suggest an answer