How do I find where Jira's database is?

Liam Smith March 7, 2012

Hi all,

The administrator who installed Jira for us has left the company and I'm getting an error when I try to reindex jira per the attached file about a user account needing a password change.

Problem is I can't find the database in order to find the user. The user mentioned in the screenshot isn't in AD and doesn't appear to be a local machine user either.

According to dbconfig under c:\program files\atlassian\application data\jira on the server that Tomcat is installed on the database is stored on server 'x' and is a MS SQL server. Problem is there is no jira database on that server that I can see. Is the dbconfig file in this instance correct? Or is there a chance it's not correct? This file does have a username and password in clear text in it.

Jira itself still appears to be ok, but I need to reindex to keep the issues from disappearing from filters (and find the database so we know where it is)

Any help greatly appreciated,

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 7, 2012

If you go to Administration > System Info, you can find the database connection details.

Liam Smith March 7, 2012

Thanks Jobin, I didn't realise that screen was there.

System info is also pointing at the SQL server that was mentioned in the dbconfig file but our other Admins can't find the database on that MS SQL instance, possibly it's a permissions thing that we need to track down.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events