How do I delete a Jira account?

J. Pablo Fernández February 19, 2020

I accidentaly created a new Jira/Confluence/Atlassian account. I mean an entire account, not a user. How do I delete it?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vichofu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2020

Deleting an account is permanent. After you delete your Atlassian account, we’ll give you a 14-day grace period, during which you can cancel the deletion.

To delete an account:

1. Log in to your Manage your account pages at https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile.

2. From the Delete account tab, click the Delete account button.

3. Before you delete the account, read what happens to the deleted account carefully. Refer to the details about account deletion above.

4. Click Delete accountFrom the confirmation dialog that appears, confirm that you want to delete your account. If you get some warnings, you may need to take care of these issues before you can go back to deleting the account.

Once you confirm the deletion, we’ll log you out and you’ll land on a confirmation screen. Your account is now scheduled for deletion and deactivated.

When I go there, I can only see my user, not the three organizations I'm apparently a member of. I need to delete one of those. This one exactly:

Annotation 2020-02-19 125424.png

What I see when I go to the URL you provided is this:

Annotation 2020-02-19 145115.png

There's not even a Delete tab there.

This is what I want to delete:

Annotation 2020-02-19 145317.png

J. Pablo Fernández February 26, 2020

Any updates on how to delete that?

Madison Byers October 13, 2021

Did you ever get an answer for this?

Brian Jones October 19, 2021

The steps to this answer are incomplete.  That said use the link provided in the initial answer above and then in the left navigation select 'Account Preferences'. Here you will find the 'Delete your account' controls.

0 votes
Rob
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 25, 2024

There is no delete account tab.  In my case, I will just dispute the payment on my credit card.

Companies should make it easy to remove an account.

Suggest an answer