How do I create a gadget to show all issues assigned to someone else?

matthew devney July 20, 2018

I need to keep a close watch on another user's work load.  I need to create a gadget that shows all open issues assigned to a specific different user.  Exactly like the "Assigned to Me" gadget but assigned to another user.  

Not necessarily a gadget either.  A specific dash, url, or query... as long as I can see the same inbox other user is seeing.  

1 answer

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Joe Kyle
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2018

Hello Matthew,

This is a two-step process. First you need to create a saved filter which captures the open issues assigned to that particular user. Step two is going to your Dashboard (or another dashboard which you use) and clicking "Add Gadget" Then you need to click on "Load all Gadgets" its in small blue type. Then select "Filter Results", then click "Close" after you select Filter Results. (The pop up tends to stay open unless you click close - the Filter Results gadget has been added to your Dashboard - you just need to get rid of the screen - it wont close aromatically). You then need to associate the filter you saved with that Gadget. 

To create a filter you will need to do a search something like  

assignee = jkyle AND status != Closed

then do a Save As. Name it what you want. This will save it as a filter which you can apply inside the Gadget. Then you will have this in a dashboard. 

Hope this helps

matthew devney July 20, 2018

Thanks!  Works!

Laura_dierker March 19, 2020

Thanks for all of this, …. newbie Jira admin... :)

Magdalena Zhisheva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2021

Thanks, it worked for me as well! :)

Dennis Raahauge August 3, 2023

Perfect, just what I needed. Many thanks!

Suggest an answer