How do I add an underscore "_"to the project key pattern?

James Forgacs March 6, 2012

How do I add an underscore to the project key pattern?

I would like to have the following as my project key pattern: NAME_TITLE_3

Thanks,

3 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

If you want to go ahead in spite of the warnings from Nic and Thomas, here is what you need to do.

Go to Administration > General Configuration > Advanced and click on jira.projectkey.pattern property to modify it. You can use any valid regular expression without including . and - (theoretically!).

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2012

Hi,

I would not do this. This can result in real trouble. Look at the last comments on http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Project+Keys

Best Regards

Thomas

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2012

I wouldn't recommend it either. I've let my users use numbers as the 2nd to nth characters in the project key, but I wouldn't do any more than that.

Thanks for you input.

I understand the risks about not being able to use some of the other features, but I would still like to know how it is done.

So if you could please let me know what setting I need for the project key pattern that would be great

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 6, 2012

Thomas's link is where to look, it's fully documented there. (With the reasons not to do it of course)

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 6, 2012

look here for how it is done: http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Project+Keys A little bit usage of google should guide you to perl regular expressions.

0 votes

Thanks for the help

The statement that I ended up using is ([A-Z0-9_][A-Z0-9_]+)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events