• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add a check box to the description area of a jira project?

I'm looking to add check box action items in the description of a JIRA Project ticket.

2 answers

Hi @ray.b ,

By native functionality you will not be able to add check boxes in description field. However you can use Issue Checklist Pro or Smart Checklist  for Jira enterprise in order to define acceptance criteria ,To-do list for your software projects.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1213231/issue-checklist-pro?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&_ga=2.235653633.1021060663.1581306926-1560727921.1571396603

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1216451/smart-checklist-for-jira-enterprise?hosting=cloud&tab=overview&_ga=2.159631421.1021060663.1581306926-1560727921.1571396603

Thanks,

Avinash

Hi @ray.b 

If you don't want to pay, you can try Issue Checklist Free which is a free sibling of Issue Checklist Pro 🏆 . 

Cheers,
Jack

Like Christopher Lindsey likes this

Hi Jack,

What with economies suffering due to the global pandemic, everyone's fighting for money they hope to get in the next financial year. So getting any add-ons is a big ask. Is there any chance Issue Checklist Free could be adapted for Server as well as cloud?

Warm regards

Colin

Hi @ColinB,

We should be able to answer that question in 2-3 months.

Cheers,
Jack 

Like # people like this

I've got exactly the same question here, @ColinB :-)  I'm on server and would love to try this out on Server as trial, then free.  If it's working, I'd very likely pay anyway after that.

Could 2-3 months be switched to "days" at all? :-)  @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ 

@Mark Hallerthere are existing checklists apps available for server already. You can trial them for free for up to 6 months - that should be long enough for everyone to make a decision :)

You can take a look at our Multiple Checklists for Jira or other checklists available on server.

Best,
Sebastian

@Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ Do you know anything new about adopting Issue Checklist Free for the Server version of Jira?

Thanks,

Chris

We probably need another ~2 months to make a decision.

Hi, 

Since Atlassian announced the end of life for the Server offering, we won't work on the Server version. 

However, it is still to be decided about the Data Center. 

Cheers,
Jack

0 votes
Joe Pitt Community Leader Feb 10, 2020

If you're a JIRA admin you can add a custom checkbox field to the ticket type. 

Can you please provide steps to doing this?

The problem with this it the checkbox items are saved with the field when it's created.

So if you've got a ticket that a developer is populating with a list of actions to be done, which are unique to that ticket, you can't do it.

e.g. https://i.imgur.com/DyILW7n.png

That's what I want to do!  It seems so simple.  Extend the rich text field type to allow checkbox as a formatting option - just like in Confluence page editing, you can just slap a checkbox in anywhere.

@Mark Haller Agreed. This has been around in GitHub for ages. It's mind-boggling that Atlassian hasn't implemented this yet.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you