How do I add 2 Teams to one Epic

Steve Huon May 8, 2023

How do I add 2 Teams to one Epic - so that the Epic and User Stories are seen in each team's backlog.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 8, 2023

Hello @Steve Huon 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

How are you adding teams to issues? Are you using the Teams field that is part of Advanced Roadmaps?

Can you show us the Filter Queries for each team's board?

Steve Huon May 11, 2023

Thanks for the Welcome!!!

We are using the Team field

The board filter is literally: project = PROJECT1 AND "Team[Team]" = 31 ORDER BY Rank ASC

Looking to add 2 teams to one Epic so that Epic and user stories are visible to each team in backlog so they can see the progress each team is making.

thanks,

Steve

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 11, 2023

It appears that Team is a single-select field, so I don't think it is possible to use that field to add multiple teams to a single Epic/issue.

Steve Huon May 12, 2023

Thanks Trudy!

Any other suggestions on how we could implement team backlog with glimpse into shared projects?

thanks,

Steve

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2023

I think you would need to use an alternate multi-select field to designate multiple teams' involvement in a particular issue. That could be Components, Labels, or another custom field. Unfortunately that alternate field would not directly use the Team values so you could end up with a disconnect between the Team field/values and the alternate field.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events