How can you restrict a label to a subset of users

Jeslie Chermak September 8, 2017

There are some labels which I do not want all our users to be able to use.  Say I want a CRIT label, but only four specific users out of all users are allowed to add or remove it.  How can I accomplish this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2017

Hi Jeslie,

As far as I know, the answer from Nic here is still valid.

The labels field is really designed for informal and flexible categorisation of issues, so doesn't come with an easy way to restrict what can be added by who. So all users with edit permission can add new labels and set whatever labels they want on an issue.

If you need a predefined list of special labels or flags that only certain users can add, consider creating a custom field for this. Multi-select or checkboxes would probably work for you.

Make sure the field is not on the edit screen for your issues. Create a new custom screen with the field on it. Then use a global workflow transition to trigger that custome screen. You can use a workflow condition to make sure only those 4 users can do it.

Vinod Miyani January 10, 2019

Thanks

Suggest an answer