• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I visualize/map story dependencies?

I have a project with several teams involved and cross-divisional stories consisting of several sub-tasks.

Now I would like to visualize the dependencies in one central location, in the dashboard, in a report - basically wherever. I don't mind.

I would just like to be able to provide the users with the possibility to get an overview of dependencies so that they know which task needs to be done first, second, third, etc.

Any ideas are highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

4 answers

Hej Gustav

Do I get this right that this plugin is not available in the JIRA cloud version? I can't seem to find it in the cloud marketplace. It's a shame, because it really looks good.

Like # people like this

Unfortunately, yes. Dependency Map is currently only available for Jira Server.

I have a similar need. Is there another add-on anyone has used would recommend that does the same as this one?

Like Paul Bissex likes this

Here's a dependency mapper add-on for Jira Cloud that was released on 14 March 2020: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221796/dependency-mapper-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview. I am going to request a free trial from our Jira Admin so will report back.

Like jerri_chiu likes this

Thanks Fabio.

I just realised I didn't report back on our Dependency Mapper add-on trial on Jira Cloud as mentioned above. The add-on itself appeared to be effective and easy to use, but we didn't get very far I'm afraid, as we had multiple vendors using multiple Jira projects and it was very difficult to get dependent tickets linked to each other!

The lesson learned is to make identification of dependencies and linking of tickets a priority for all delivery leads from the start and track weekly. The client has since decided to move to a different product, so maybe next time ...

Hi Pamela,
Did the client say which product they selected instead? Always interesting to understand the alternatives.

Apologies Peter - I meant that the client replaced the platform and application we were implementing, not Jira!

Like Peter Roos likes this

If you'd like to, we can set up a small demo where we present how Dependency Map is visualizing dependencies. It is also great for configuring views where you can select all different kinds of Jira fields to be visualized.
It is available for Jira Server and Data Center. It will take some time before we are ready to make it available in a cloud environment though, probably not in the next 12 months as it looks now.

Hi Peter, I'd like a demo. can you PM me thru linked-in?

linkedin.com/in/chevalier

0 votes

I would also like a demo, please, or any documentation/screenshots.  

Hi Genevieve,
No problem, we can definitely arrange for a demo. When would it be sutiable for you? We can do it over Teams if you'd like.

Hi, 

for Jira Server, marketplace has other options like spiderview - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1223552/spiderview?hosting=server&tab=overview.

If you or someone like it, fell free to contact me.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you