How can I share dashboards with custom project roles?

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2011

I have dashboards that I've created that I'd like to put more fine-tuned restrictions in terms of views, probably at the project role level. However, I can't seem to select my custom roles from the share dropdown. I can only see the three default roles - admin, dev, and user. I'm assuming there's a permission flag somewhere that I'm missing, but I just can't seem to find it. Any help would be appreciated.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
RianA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2011

Hi Ryan,

After reading through the dexription, most probably this cause by the membership of the user in that role. Please bear in mind that you only can share a dashboard to a role that your user has a membership in it. For example if User A want to share dashboard to Custom role, User A must be a member of Custom role.

Hope it helps.

Josua

Ryan Belmont
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2011

Hey Josua,

This does seem to have fixed the issue - I do find it odd though that as an administrator in the system I'd have to add myself to a specific role within a project (in this case, clients) to share dashboards with them, particularly when this isn't the case for default roles. Whatever works, I guess. Thanks for your help.

- Ryan

Like Boris Maksimov likes this
0 votes
Nica Huestegge June 25, 2012

In addition (cause I just found this via search and it didn't clarify my question completely): If you choose the option "all" then every user and group that has a role in this project gets the dashboard - or filter, where the same menu can be found - even if you don't see the role in the dropdown.

Suggest an answer