How can I see a list of all Epics and export it?

Connor Jennett December 8, 2021

In JIRA we have a full list of epics where each one relates to a single customer that we provide a service to.

To review the data per customer, we need to relate the data that we have to each individual epic. 

IS there a way that I can extract a full list of Epics held within Jira, and even better, any associated details with them?

For example, one Epic will have a client's name associated to it. If I can extract this and create the table (Manually or automatically) then that would help us a lot!

Kind Regards,

Connor

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2021

Hello @Connor Jennett ! Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

This is probably where you want to use JQL (Jira Query Language) to find your Epics.

Go to Filters->Advanced Issue Search

From there, you can select Epics under Issue Type.  Select a project or projects to limit those.

You can choose what information to display by selecting the fields you want in the Columns dropdown

Finally, click on Export, to extract the table into a variety of formats, including CSV.

Hope this helps!

Connor Jennett December 10, 2021

Hey Robert, thank you!

That's perfect, thanks. I'm able to export the list of epics / issue / sub-issues and relate them. I think this'll prove quite useful!

Really appreciate you taking the time to help.

Many thanks again.

Like Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_ likes this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 10, 2021

You're welcome.  Happy to help!

0 votes
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 17, 2021

Hi All,

If you would be interested in an add-on to view your entire issue hierarchy in a CSV format, you can try out our plugin

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

The app also provides sum up at each level for time estimates and story points.

Epic Hierarchy - CSV Export.png

Links Hierarchy - CSV Export.png

0 votes
Ariane von Oesen December 17, 2021

Hello Robert, 

is it also possible to export the task together with the connected epic name? Currently the column epic name is empty in the task export. 

What I see is that you can export the tasks and epics together so that they would be in one column. What I want is the description of the task in one column and the epic name in another one. 

Thank you for your help. 

Kind Regards

Ariane 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events