How can I display the sub-task issue number when viewing a parent Jira?

Phyllis October 4, 2019

When viewing a parent Jira, the Sub-Tasks list does not include the issue number (key) for each sub-task. Is there a way to additionally display the issue number? Can this be added as an additional display field?

I am using Jira v6.3.15

1 answer

1 vote
Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Phyllis 

You can edit the property 'jira.table.cols.subtasks' under Admin --> System --> General Configuration --> Advanced Setting. This is the path for Jira 7. Not sure of v6 but should be something similar.

Phyllis October 4, 2019

Thank you for your suggestion. I do not have access to the System menu under Admin but I will reach out to my colleague who does.

Gikku
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 4, 2019

Hi @Phyllis 

Yes, you will need Jira global administrator rights for this.

Here is the documentation for Jira 6.3 Configuring Advanced Settings

Check the steps for 'jira.table.cols.subtasks' property and add the value issuekey there along with current options.

Like # people like this
Phyllis October 4, 2019

Thanks!

Suggest an answer