How can I create a dropdown list in jira issue operation?

Simon Huang February 7, 2018

I want to create a custom dropdown list similar to the picture:

image.png

I was able to create a button using web item and the transition all location. How can I make it into a drop down with custom links?

1 answer

2 votes
Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2018

I have done similar things like this using ScriptRunner's Script Fragments. See here: https://scriptrunner.adaptavist.com/latest/jira/fragments/WebItem.html

Simon Huang February 8, 2018

it looks like it just shows you how to create the button with a dialog attached, It doesn't show how to make that button a dropdown.

Kyle Moseley
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2018

Ah, I see what you're saying. To my knowledge, the closest way to achieve what you want would be to add multiple web items (like the link above), as seen below:

But they don't have to just generate dialog boxes, they can direct users to links as well. You would just flag it as 'navigate to link' like below:

Simon Huang February 9, 2018

Do you know if it's possible to create a new stand alone button next to all the issue operations (comment, edit etc). The new button contains a dropdown of webitems. I don't want to add to additional web items to existing buttons.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2018

Yes, ScriptRunner's web-fragments can add to almost the entire interface, not just the menus.

Suggest an answer