How can I add a "Create SubTask" button on a view issue screen?

NTT Europe March 25, 2014

I am looking for a way to add a button to the view issue screen that opens the create subtask widget.

Is there any simple way?

Many thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Pouján (Jiralísta) July 18, 2019

Hi,

You can use Adaptivist ScriptRunner plugin to create a Script Field (HTML) that creates a button with /jira/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue!default.jspa?parentIssueId=$parentIssueId

Then add it to the view screen of your (parent) issue. :) Here is an example, if a contact person issue type was of a sub-task type:

def baseurl = com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor.getApplicationProperties().getString("jira.baseurl")

String contactPersonIssueTypeId = "11002" //Contact Person
def subtaskCreationUrl = baseurl+"/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue!default.jspa?parentIssueId="+issue.getId()+"&issuetype="+contactPersonIssueTypeId
String createSubtaskLinkLabel = "Add contact person"
String createSubtaskLinkTitle = "Add a new Contact Person for this issue"

def completeLink = "<a id='create_link' class='aui-button aui-button-primary aui-style custom-create-link' title='"+createSubtaskLinkTitle+"' href='"+subtaskCreationUrl+"'>"+createSubtaskLinkLabel+"</a>"
return completeLink

Gábor Budai October 19, 2021

@Pouján (Jiralísta) this works like charm, thanks :) 

0 votes
Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

If you create a button which calls /jira/secure/CreateSubTaskIssue!default.jspa?parentIssueId=>Your parent Issue<, the create dialog should open

NTT Europe April 13, 2014

Hi,

Indeed, the link is perfect, but I am wondering how to add a button.

Many thanks!

Marten Kreienbrock
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2014

In this case i'm not sure about any easier ways, but you could create a Web Panel Plugin Module with the location set to "atl.jira.view.issue.left.context". This would provide you with a new panel in the issue details view, which you could either use as location for your button or as a way of injecting some Javascript, which could place a button somewhere next to the other buttons in the upper area of the page.

Suggest an answer