How Do I add person to backlog ?

Dhaval.shah May 25, 2023

I have admin access , how do I remove and add person to backlog .

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2023

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Backlogs do not contain people, they contain issues.  So there is no way to "add a person to a backlog"

If you mean you want someone to be assignable on issues in a backlog, then you need to add them as an assignable user in the project(s) the backlog is looking at.

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Dhaval.shah welcome to the Atlassian community.

Listed are the steps: 

Create, edit, and delete users:

1. Go to your site's Admin at admin.atlassian.com. If you're an admin for multiple sites or an organization admin, click the site's name and URL to open the Admin for that site.

2. Select Invite users from the Users list page.

3. Enter the Email address you want the user to log in with (you can enter more than one at a time or a string of them using a space or comma).

Manage project role:

Adding a project role

To define a new project role:

1. Choose > System.

2. Under SECURITY, select Project roles. The Project Role Browser displays, which contains a list of all the project roles in your Jira site.

3. Under Add Project Role at the bottom of the page, enter your desired role's name and a description

4. Click the Add Project Role button.

To add members to the role:

1. Click on Manage Default Members in the Actions column for your newly created project role.

2. Click Edit under Default Users or Default Groups.

3. Enter group names in the Add user(s) to project role field. Or, select the user picker icon  to add individual users.

4. Click the Add button.

Suggest an answer