History of a Board (Kanban board)

RiFa February 28, 2021

Hello, how can I see a history of the status of the issues in a kanban board?

I'd like to see this at board level and not isue-by-issue (which, I know, is possible).

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Hi @RiFa 

What problem are you trying to solve?

And, what level of detail do you need?  If you just need counts, you may use Jira's version of the "Cumulative Flow Diagram" to see how many issues where in each status over time.

Best regards,

Bill

RiFa March 1, 2021

@Bill Sheboy 

I have multiple people moving things around and on the board and it would be helpful to be able to see somewhere (at board level, not single-issue level) what was moved in the board, by whom, when and from where to where.

Counts are not useful for this.

Thanks,

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2021

Thanks for explaining, @RiFa 

You cannot visualize that with out-of-the-box Jira features.  Perhaps there is something in the marketplace to do it.  Otherwise you would need to build something by pushing out the logs with webhooks or pulling them with the REST API.

As an alternative, you could create an automation rule that logs, emails, or messages to Slack when an issue transitions, from where to where, and who did it.  That would provide a project-level log of changes for status.

Like RiFa likes this
2 votes
Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 3, 2021

Hello @RiFa 

As an alternative, you can try a third-party add-on - Issue History. It shows all the changes that have made to issues. It allows you to view all types of issue changes, including status transitions.

You need to select 3 issue fields in the app`s column manager:

• issue key,
  • summary,
  • statuses.

As a result, you will get the full report of status transitions for each issue. Also, this add-on shows when and by whom those changes were made.

IH changes.png

I hope it helps

Best regards, Mariana

RiFa March 3, 2021

Thank you @Mariana_Pryshliak_Saasjet , but at single issue level I can just look into the history. I was interested in a view of ensemble for the topics within a (kanban) board.

Cheers,

R

Like Mykola Kharchuk likes this
1 vote
George Mihailoff June 4, 2023

@RiFa check out our app https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1228332/quantify-kanban-pro

It allows you to see the board history exactly how you describe it. 

0 votes
Mykola Kharchuk March 4, 2021

Hello, @RiFa !
You have a really interesting and useful idea:
"I was interested in a view of ensemble for the topics within a (kanban) board."

I am Mykola, Product Manager from SaaSJet and Issue History addon in my ownership.

Your idea could be very useful and interesting for many people, who work with Kanban framework!

I just want to speak with you, to more understand your need, 
It must be some concise and understandable interface - to see all history changes for the whole board...
If you want - I'll be  glad to speak with you via google meet. 
Fill free to mail me - mykola.kh@saasjet.com

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 4, 2021

Hi @Mykola Kharchuk 

I look forward to seeing what you discover on this concept for SaaSJet.  You may want to try a browser search on other mapping and board tools for comps, as I recall seeing "history" views in other tools (a while ago) with a time-frame slider to show the changes based upon the position of the slider, and a "play" that animates the board for the selected time-frame.  If I find an example, I will post it here.

Best regards,

Bill

Mykola Kharchuk March 4, 2021

Oh! Thank you, @Bill Sheboy .
Time scale - can really help. Not bad. I will look for some good solutions for this and add them to our Roadmap.  
I'll be glad to inform you of any updates in this case.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events