Hide / Show custom field based on value in another field.

Hi

Is there a way I can enable one field based on value in another field.
Is there a portable way?
Looks like I have to change scripts if the solution is based on custom field id's when I move from dev -> test -> staging -> production
I have a dropdown(select) with 3 values val1, val2 and val3
If we select val1 then another field ( a text filed) need to be enabled.
It could be either enabled/disabled or hidden/shown which ever is portable.
Please let me know.
Abe

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

I think you've answered your own question. The documentation you've linked to is the best place to start, and there is no more "portable" way available, unless you write some extra code to work off the name of the field (which is risky because you can change the name of a field very easily)

The only issue with the above approach is that i will not work in JIRA 5.1 with inline edit enabled.

Very true. All these javascripty tricks are vanishing as Jira's interface becomes more clever...

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

573 views 25 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you