Has anyone successfully integrated Jenkins and JIRA to auto update issues?

I'd like to have issues updated when a build is made with a fix for an issue in Jira. I have tried this plugin for Jira https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/JIRA+Plugin but the issues aren't being updated (I do have remote API calls on). There isn't much good information out there but I imagine there are many people doing this. I have Jira 5.0 and the Marveloution Hudson integration plugin isn't supporting that version yet.

6 answers

What you may be missing (because I was at first) is that the Jira issue key in the VCS commit message has to be in the first line. So, something like

Some work on this wonderful feature
GHG-87

won't work, but something like

Some work on this wonderful feature, GHG-87

will be discovered by Jenkins and then update the ticket. By the way, this is working for me in an OnDemand instance of Jira. There is a bug filed for it here: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/JENKINS-13494 but since it is a plug-in issue it probably requires work from the plug-in dev.

Hie 

will you please share configuration relatead this please 

im getting pretty much issues on jira status updated build on jenkins

please do share

thanks 

0 votes
Renjith Pillai Community Champion May 14, 2012

Can you post the screenshot for your configuration?

will you please help me on this

Hi we integrate the jenkins and jira successfully and configure the auto update issue options too.

Hi, do you can help me. Mi problem is next : https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/168192/jenkins-integrate-with-jira

Thanks for the colaboration

The plugin should be working fine. If you anyone still has trouble, please report issues via the Issues link available at the JIRA Plugin page mentioned above.

HI,

Maybe anyone could help me with this.

I want automatic transition on Jira Issue J-10, depending on the current build status in Jenkins. For example If the build in Jenkins is successful then I want Jira issue to transit in status DEV AUTOTESTING. 

I am using the Flexible Publish Plugin, in the part Post Build Actions

And when I make a build in Jenkins this error is shown. 

Unable to connect to REST service
java.io.FileNotFoundException: https://itssoftvercentar.atlassian.net/rest/api/latest/issue/JP-10.json/search?jqlFinished: FAILURE

Bellow is given a print screen from Jenkins. Is this the right way?

Capture-Jira.PNG

I haven't done this way. But I have tried with the Multi Branch Pipeline. For your case by setting the Issue Pattern as (J-[1-9][0-9]*) should pick the issue ID from the commit and update the issue.

NOTE: You need to have the Jenkins Add-on in JIRA for this to work. One more thing. Add the Jenkins to JIRA after adding the plugin from Settings->System->Application->Jenkins Configurations

0 votes

Try after removing this part "latest/issue/JP-10".

Still if it doesn't work, there may be issue in your JQL query. Try with simple JQL query to test whether connection is established successfully.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,129 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot