We are getting error "The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel" when we call "CreateRestClient" method to connect and fetch data from atlassian jira.
Below are the log snapshot which we are getting-:
"Message : The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
Source : Atlassian.Jira
Stack Trace : at Atlassian.Jira.Remote.JiraRestClient.GetCustomFields(String token)"
Please do the needful.
As part of our continuous efforts to better secure Atlassian Cloud products and your data, we are following the advice of Security leaders and researchers as well as joining many other SaaS vendors (including Apple, Amazon, Microsoft, Github, Google, Mozilla, and more) to deprecate support for TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1. This is a necessary step to keep your data safe.
For more information on compliance, regulatory and industry requirements around TLS 1.0 and 1.1 deprecation see these blogs:
We announced the change last year in July 2018, in a campaign that included direct emails to all administrators, blog posts and social media posts on Twitter, Linkedin and Facebook. At that time other Atlassian products like Bitbucket and Statuspage already supported only TLS 1.2 and 1.3.
That announcement stated the deprecation of TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for Jira and Confluence would take place in December 2018 but, after consultation internally and with customers, we have allowed a silent/soft grace period of 6 months to allow customers additional time to update the necessary tools and systems. This grace period has now expired. Today we observe less than 0.3% of requests using TLS 1.0 and 1.1.
Atlassian has now deprecated TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and will support only TLS 1.2 and 1.3 going forward.
The good news here is that not only do we close some known security vulnerabilities, but TLS 1.3 will bring improved connection times!
You can refer to the following blog post for more information regarding the change: Deprecating TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 for Atlassian Cloud Products
Please note: It is not possible for us to roll back this change on a per-customer basis due to the integral way in which TLS works with the Atlassian Cloud infrastructure.
Thank you for your patience and I look forward to hearing from you.
I was able to fix this by changing the security protocol to TLS 1.2. If you are working in .NET 4.0, you can add the following line before the method call:
ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol = (SecurityProtocolType)3072; //use TLS 1.2
We also have the same issue. With the same code and same request, it always works on our development machine but fails on the production machine.
Like other problems we had with the Jira APIs along the way, we went through all the googling results and tried to fix the problem on our own but have no luck.
We logged the support ticket, however Atlassian's support suggested that the notice had been given but we never get any notifications as such. They also suggested that they won't rollback the change which we didn't asked for.
What we asked for is do they have any idea what could be the cause of the problem and how to rectify the issue. We also want to know if the change has been fully or carefully tested before rolling out.
We also want them have a mature method of notifying their customers before they apply changes in the future that may upset or screw up their customer's integration with Jira as they usually do.
Jenkins is the leading open-source automation server used by startups and enterprise teams to build, test and deploy code to production. We are excited to announce an official integration betw...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events