Get group members in JIRA

Hi All,

I'd like to ask for you help. We need to add 100+ members from more groups to another group. But in the Edit members section we cannot export the members list (I mean simply a Copy (CTRL+C). Do you know a Groovy runner script I can list all the members with, what I can copy then?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

4 answers

1 accepted

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

def componentManager = ComponentManager.instance
componentManager.getUserUtil().getGroup("jira-users").getUsers()

Hi Jamie,

it works!

Thank you

Hi Jamie,

from the above code, how to give the customized group names instead hard coded "jira-users"

It works for me:

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User
import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor

def userManager = ComponentAccessor.getUserManager()
def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
def group = userManager.getGroup("jira-users")
Collection<User> usersInGroup = groupManager.getUsersInGroup(group)
for (User user : usersInGroup){
	//
}

It doesn't work.

Why? I just had to add the typecast: Collection<User> userList = (Collection<User>) groupManager.getUsersInGroup(group)

Do you have something like this for Python?

Hi,

I have a question. I want to write group membership write user picker custom field. When I create issue, group picker custom field set group name (A,B,C etc.) . I want to write that group picker custom field value's (Group A or B,C etc. membership)  another multi user picker custom field. It is possible ?

If I understand you. You want to get all the users from the groups in the first CF, then update a user CF with them? Yes you can do that, just get the user objects from groups, then set the multi user CF to that value.

Hi Jamie,

Firstly , when issue create A Custom Field (Type=Group Custom Field) set group name. (X,Y,Z etc.) Then i want to  according to A Custom Field group value (X,Y,Z etc.)  write groups membership other custom field (multi user picer)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,798 views 18 22
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you