GET absences via REST API in BigPicture

Lisa-Marie January 30, 2020

Hi, 

I am looking for a REST call to get the absence of team members in the plugin BigPicture for Jira. 

Unfortunately, the documentation is very poor and I do not find anything for the plugin BigPicture in connection with REST API.

Thanks for helping! 

3 answers

0 votes
Adrian Małecki January 18, 2023

Hi, there are any news for:

GET absences via REST API in BigPicture

Markus Fischbacher February 3, 2023

I wrote absence add/remove functionality and workload plan handling for ScriptRunner. Maybe you can use some parts of it.

Check the Gist 

Kind regards
Markus

0 votes
Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 6, 2020

Here are some thoughts on BigPicture REST API https://softwareplant.com/jira-bigpicture-api/

georg.sterz May 19, 2020

Hi Marcin, 
is there any chance to access the BigPicture REST API from Jira Cloud?

We are also looking for a solution to insert / sync the absences of our teams with BigPicture.

Thx,
Georg

Marcin Geb _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2020

Hi Georg

Yes, you could access BigPicture's REST API from Jira Cloud but it's trickier than on Jira Server, since it involves communication between third-party servers and a somewhat difficult token generation. And so we normally tell clients that there is no REST API in BigPicture for Cloud, although it does exist, same as with BigPicture for Jira Server.

With BigPicture Server there is the private REST API. 'Private' means it works the same as 'public' but it might change without notice. To tell you the truth, it might change weekly, as well as remain unchanged for years. And so, we don't advertise it much. Instead, we send a datasheet of the private API to those, who request it.

Why wouldn't we publish that datasheet on this forum? Because we register clients' requests.

What do you think?

0 votes
Patryk-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2020

Hi Lisa-Marie,

Please raise a Service Desk ticket right here and we will help you with REST API. Currently, we do not have a public REST API but we are planning to share it in the near future.

Cheers,

Patryk

João Martins August 5, 2021

Hi Patryk,

Aren't we in the "near future" yet? When is it going to happen?

Thanks for helping

Adam _SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
August 6, 2021

Hi @João Martins 

When it comes to the public REST API for BigPicture, I am afraid that this is still a work in progress, and we would like to ask you for a little bit more patience while we work on this functionality. For the time being, there is no particular ETA I can provide you with - sorry for that.

Best regards,

Adam

Silas Forkel December 4, 2023

Hi @Adam _SoftwarePlant_ ,
ist it still in progress?
I am looking for a way to get the team ressource depending on an issues Assignee.
Assignee = Robert; Look where Robert is TeamMember; Get team with highest percentage (e.g. 20% project team, 80% HR Team) and set this team as Ressource (label on Jira issue)

I am lokking forward to your answer :)

BR Silas

Like Laurent Pignol likes this

Suggest an answer