Find the first occurrence of a bug

the_bisa November 12, 2018

Hello,

I need to query for all bugs that were found first on a released version (= Bugs that were found first in production), is there any way to do this?

Essentially, If the bug was reported on "Affects version 1.0", and at the time of the bug creation version 1.0 was already released, I want it to show it up in a query.

Note that the current query looks like this: "project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND status = Open AND affectedVersion in releasedVersions()", but this is useless as the releasedVersion() is based on the current status of the release. (so a bug might have been reported when the version was unreleased, but changed status when the version moved to released).

1 answer

0 votes
Thomas Deiler
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2018

Dear @the_bisa,

I doubt that this is possible with JQL (without custom plugins). I would do this with the REST API:

1. get all released versions from project (remember their releasedDate)
  2. get all bugs of a project and compare the releasedDate with createdDate of the issues

So long

Thomas

Suggest an answer