Filter by groups and assignees

Joe February 9, 2020

Hello,

So I am just wondering if there is any way to make a filter that shows all the issues and the assignees and the groups that the assignees are in.

for example, let's say I have users and custom groups called:

User: A group:1

User: B group:2

User: C group:3

and I want to see the result screen something like this:

Issue Name| Assignee | Group

---------------------------------

Issue1        | A             | 1

Issue2        | B             | 2

Issue3        | C             | 3

or it can be backward:

Group| Assignee | Issue

---------------------------------

1        | A             | Issue 1

2        | B             | Issue 2

3        | C             | Issue 3

1 answer

1 vote
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 10, 2020

Hello 정낙헌,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Unfortunately, Jira does not have a system field that provides the groups related to the assignee of an issue, however, you could use a group picker custom field (Multiple choices) to add that information to the issues. To achieve that, you would need to implement the following steps:

For the current issues you have:

1 - Create and add to your project screens a group picker custom field (Multiple choices)

2 - Identify all the groups added to each assignee 

3 - Create filters displaying the issues for each assignee

4 - Use the bulk operation functionality to add the same groups to all the issues returned for each filter, selecting the groups you identified for each assignee in step 1

For the new issues created for now on:

You could use a third-party app (Like Automation for Jira) to automatically add the groups depending on the assignee selected in your issues.

P.S: The automation rule and bulk operation must be updated in case new groups are added to any users, so the system-admin would be the required person to configure the settings above.

Let us know in case you have any questions.

Suggest an answer