It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Extract date and time when status changed

I would like to extract a list of date and time when tickets within a certain project changed from "New Issue" to "in progress" which can be clearly seen in the history.

I need a report for a particular period like between 1 Nov 2019 till 15 Nov 2019.

How can i write q query for this?

I have reviewed lot of articles like below but nothing helps

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Extract-date-and-time-when-status-changed/qaq-p/726746

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Extract-time-since-status-change/qaq-p/639262

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/How-to-write-a-JQL-to-show-date-when-issue-status-CHANGED-FROM/qaq-p/625509

Please help urgently.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

I was able to extract required data from Time in Status. Thank you everyone for your answers.

Hi @Deepak_Vanjani

You could use the add-on from the Marketplace like Time in Status for Jira Cloud.

With this add-on, you could extract a time report with a list of dates and times when tickets within a certain project changed from one status to another.

Besides this Status Entrance Date report, you can also generate Time in Status, Assignee Time, Average Time, Time in Status per Date, Status Count and Transition Count reports (read more).

I think this app will meet your needs when it comes to generating time reports.

You can also try Issue History, this add-on will show you the history of all changes that were made in issues.

Hi @Deepak_Vanjani 

You can't do that out-of-the-box. There are two methods: 

• Use Jira REST API
  • Use an app from Atlassian Marketplace

Since, I'm one of the folks behind Snapbytes, I can recommend Enhancer Plugin for Jira for your both questions.

It has both Status Entry Date and Status Exit Date custom fields in order to extract status dates (e.g. the datetime issue's status was changed to In Progress, or the datetime issue's status changed from in progress). After defining the custom fields and indexing Jira issues, you can use these date fields in your JQL queries.

Also it provides User/Group History Report in which you can filter issues by date and user/group to get actions in that period.

I hope I was helpful

Regards

Tuncay

Hi @Deepak_Vanjani ,

If you already using JSU automation suite for Jira , then you will be able to configure your requirement with post functions.

1. Create Date and Time field custom field for each status and update this field with Update Any Issue Field (JSU) post function and value set as  %%CURRENT_DATETIME%% 

2.Write JQL based on custom fields and use the same in reports and gadgets.

Thanks,

Avinash

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you