Executive Summary

Athanasios Nikologiannis
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2011

Hello,

I am currently facing the following issue. For each project, I need to include a final text (something like an executive summary) that should be viewable by specific users only. In th beginning I thought of Project Summary (which is html enabled) but this can be seen by all project members or even the Current Assignee user. As this is not acceptable, I then thought of sending the text file directly to the JIRA user that I want to receive the file. Is there a way to send a file to a specific user within a project? If not, is there another way that I could satisfy the specific requirement?

Thank you,

Michael

1 answer

1 vote
J Thomas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2011

Some suggestions:

1) The commercial Field Security Plugin can do this - it shows/hides fields based on your criteria eg group or role. You can also make fields read-only the same way.

2) Not ideal if you want to be able to filter on this field but you can set the visibility on comments so you could enter your executive summary as a comment and change the visibility to the right group of users.

3) Send an email then blank out the Executive Summary field contents in the same transition before the issue is saved, so the value is used in the email text but then blanked out before being saved in JIRA. ie Create the field, set it during the transition, use the Script Runner Plugin to send the email first then blank out the field with the Jira Suite Utilities plugin after sending the email and before saving the issue, all in the same transition.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events