Email reminder for Due Date

fazul September 20, 2019

I have project in Jira where i will enter all the tools/softwares details with all of it details with renewal date as well. So my requirement is i need the jira ticket to send an email to the tool owner befoer 30 days fo the renewal date. How is it possible. Please guide me ,its pretty urgent.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
PVS
Banned
September 20, 2019

Hi @fazul 

there is a trick for that. Along with adding the condition, assignee = currentUser() anyone can do a group subscription (for whichever groups, even for jira-users) and the people will receive their own tickets which are reaching the due date in their mail.

There's two steps here - finding the issues to remind people about, and then actually telling them.

First step - define a filter. Your requirements are pretty much the filters you need already, probably need more like "unresolved and due date < +1d" and "unresolved and due date < now()"

Second, for each filter, you've got two off-the-shelf options immediately

1. Use a variation on "escalation" - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Jelly+Escalation

2. "Subscribe" people to the filter - https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Receiving+Search+Results+via+Email

There are other things you can do, but they need plugins/code/thought, so have a look at those two first.

Thanks 

PVS

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2019

As others have noted here, the OOTB solution is to create a filter and setup a daily filter. The issue here is figuring out who to notify for the subscription. If the list of folks is small and relatively static this will work. However, if you want to notify the specific assignee you will need an addon. One option is Automation for Jira which allows you to run the Automation on a schedule, e.g. daily, check for ‘due today’ and alert the Assignee. There are certainly other good options, e.g. Scriptrunner, Power Scripts and more and you may already have such an addon.

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2019

JIRA doesn't have any way to trigger emails based on fields. You can create a filter for the date and have the user subscribe to it. There may be a plugin that does that. 

Suggest an answer