Email filter subscription every 2 weeks

Geoff Robles August 16, 2019

I would like to receive the results of a filter subscription every 2 weeks/14 days at a specific time. How can I configure my filter subscription to do this? 

2 answers

0 votes
Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2019

Hi Geoff,

Unfortunately, cron expressions do not natively support the "every two weeks" time period.

There are workarounds that might work for certain scenarios, but I'm afraid none of them would work for filter subscriptions.

However, there are very convenient and free Cron Expression Generators online that might help you get the alternative that best suits your needs:

Best regards.

Dean Martens October 29, 2019

I'd like this feature as well.  Please add it as a feature request to support every other week in your list of supported non-cron options.

Like LeonM likes this
Monique Morgan April 22, 2021

Can we get an update on the feature request of providing subscription reports "every two weeks"?  The reason is so important is we run our sprints in two-week cadence, this would allow us to send automated reports on a timely basis with no manual interaction.

0 votes
DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 18, 2019

I hope you are talking about Jira Filter Subscription, here is cron expression that will satisfy your need.

0 0 0 1,15 * ?

This expression run your subscription on 00:00 hours every 1st and 15th of every month.

Hopefully this helps.

If you want to learn more about cron expressions here is link - https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracorecloud/constructing-cron-expressions-for-a-filter-subscription-765593786.html

Geoff Robles August 19, 2019

I am, but this doesn't answer my question. The 1st and 15th is not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for every other week/every 14 days/every 2 weeks and not set calendar days.

DPKJ
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 19, 2019

You can do something like,

To run script every Monday, at 00:00 hours

0 0 0 ? * MON

To run script on 1st and 3rd Monday of every month at 00:00 hours

0 0 0 ? * 2#1,2#3
Like Roger Hughes likes this
Russell Green May 27, 2021

Running a script on 1st and 3rd weekday of every month is not always going to match properly, e.g. in June 2021, there are 5 Wednesdays (June 2./9./16./23./30.). In this case, June 30 would be skipped, which is incorrect, since it's 14 days after June 16.

Suggest an answer