Email Templates formatting

LisaG
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

We utilize the plug in "email this issue" and recently change our email to the editor feature, We previously had the ability to create custom templates with HTML and color fonts built into the text, provide them to our developers and they would load them in.  Then as users wanted they could pull the template and use "visual" (vs text) option and the template woudl be formatted.  With the recent change to the Editor, we lost the ability to display a template with formatting built in, instead we now can do it with the editor features above the text box, but that defeats the purpose of having a "template".  Example.  We have some instructions built into our templates with red text that tells the user of the template what to put in certain blank spaces and then they delete the instruction text and send the email.  I spoke with the developer who showed me that now all he has is a free text field and even if I format text for him, when it is dropped in, all formatting is stripped out.  Is there any solution to this?  What is the purpose of a Template if you can't actually set it up to be used over and over again with the formatting you want? 

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2024

@LisaG This would be a question for the vendor.  I would suggest contacting the vendor here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4977/email-this-issue?tab=support&hosting=datacenter 

Suggest an answer