Edit button missing to edit the issue

Sai Nath Jonnala July 23, 2020

In the old view, there is an edit button to update details like solution. Unable to find it in the new view

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chozo July 23, 2020

Hello,
if you are administrator: 1) Maybe you have set up on statuses in workflow any properties (like: jira.permission.edit.group)
2) Maybe you were in "permission" schema in project settings and change roles in "edit issues"
3) Maybe you were in "users and roles" schema in project settings and changed users/groups in it
4) You could also restrict it/prohibit in any code like in "behaviours" etc.

I think this is some basic things that you could do by mistake

----

Or if you thought you can see "edit" button, but you can't see nothing in there, you just deleted/change "edit screen"

Tell me how it goes!:-)

Good luck!

Breyten Breytenbach April 22, 2021

Hi Chozo, So the new view on Jira removes the edit button on a ticket. If you revert to the old view again the Edit button is there again. I do not think this has anything to do with permissions but with the new Jira view. 

Like Suzette Harman likes this
Mircea Turcu April 28, 2021

Any update here? Whatever Choze has mentioned has not changed. The only thing is the new view.

James_Devasia April 28, 2021

Can someone please tell me where the edit button is in the New Jira View? 

Greg Frede April 29, 2021

I have the same question, any help?

Sai Nath Jonnala June 24, 2021

Chozo was correct it is just a new view, maybe your Jira administrator has to configure all the fields in the new view. In the beginning, I wasn't able to find some of the fields, later our administrator configured them so that I m able to edit the fields in the new view.

Like Brian Lacy likes this
Breyten Breytenbach July 21, 2021

The thing is you are working with a create, edit and view screen. Normally you would get the create screen when a ticket is created, the edit screen would be available through means of using the "Edit" button, and the view screen will be displayed on the right pane of your ticket.

On the new view, you have nowhere to see the information on the edit screen. you have to add all the edit screen fields to your view screen fields in order to view the information on the ticket. 

Amit Kumar Singh January 12, 2024

I am also have the same question, any help?

0 votes
Erol Yoes September 26, 2022

create a Workflow Selftransition where you add a Screen  with all Fields you want to Edit.

Self transition means, "Add a Transition fromStatus (any Status) To Status( itself) Name it "Edit issue" and assign the  Screen with Field set you want to have . After Publishing it, the "Edit Issue" Button will apear  in new Jira view next to the Default Transitions.

If it should only be visible to specific users, you can add a contition at the transition, and set a role or Group that should be allowed to see and use the "Edit issue" function.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events