It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

During upgrade process the backup of home directory taking long time

patrick Nov 03, 2017

Backup of home directory taking hours now when it used to be under one???

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Nov 03, 2017

Have a look at the sizes of the directories in the home directory - are any of them growing very large?

(I'd start with a quick check of what's in the logs directory - if you've not set up a log rotate, you'll find that is just permanently growing)

patrick Nov 03, 2017

What is in the jirahome\export folder.....there seems to be a ton of zipped up folders in there....some are very large.

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Nov 03, 2017

Ah, yes, those are the regular backups.   Also something you should think about rotating, like the logs.  I usually keep the last three, and then one from every second Sunday going back a year or something.

Or, if you're doing the recommended backup (copy attachments and use your database to do proper db dumps), turn the backup routine off entirely.

patrick Nov 03, 2017

Thanks for your help.  We emptied that directory in our test side and did a zip backup and it went from 1:15 to 8 minutes....That will be much better.  We did not catch that the "Backup Service" by default is turned on during a step in upgrade process.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Published in Jira

Try Jira Cloud for Outlook: Organize your work without leaving your inbox

Hi Atlassian community, My name is Max and I work on the product integration team at Atlassian. I am pleased to announce the early access program for the Jira Cloud add-in for Outlook. This add-in...

1,258 views 2 13
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you