Dropdown menus lost when update page

agente April 23, 2018

Hi,

I just updated from version 7.1 to version 7.9 with no problems in the logs.

When I enter jira and update the screen, the menus appear and disappear without following an apparent pattern.

here can see that the menus have dappeared

1.png

Here the menus work fine:

2.png

I have seen that the difference between one page and another is this style.

When the menu appears:

3.png

When the menu not appears:

4.png

I have performed the following actions:
- I have entered addon safe mode
- I updated the browsers.
- I have reviewed the console and have only seen a couple of warnings about dropdown deprecados, but it seems that it is a common message among users.

- I was looking for the error in this forum...but i havent found anything

Can you help me? :)

Regards.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 24, 2018

The lack of that width tag will certainly hide those elements in the banner.   However I do not yet have an explanation as to why your Jira instance might be exhibiting this behavior.   I have not been able to replicate this display problem, short of manually editing the tag in the developer tools of Chrome.

1. How often does this happen?
  2. Is it happening for all users?
  3. Were you able to replicate this problem when Jira was in safe mode?
  4. Do you have any css or javascript tags in your announcement banner?
  5. Does this only happen on dashboard pages?  Or have you found this happens on other pages in jira?

If this is happening only on some page loads, it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot this kind of intermittent problem.   I suspect that this kind of change could be caused by a plugin to Jira, OR it could be caused by some other kind of customization.  That customization could be a custom css either in the announcement banner or elsewhere in Jira that is loaded to alter that specific tag.

It might help if you can recreate this problem in your Chrome session and then capture this failure via a HAR file.  Steps to create this are in Generating HAR files and analyzing web requests.

agente April 26, 2018

Hi Andrew,

I have opened a ticket to atlassian support and after working with them, we have detected that the problem lies in the proxy that we use. We still do not know if it is due to configuration or due to response call time but this information is being lost in the process.

Anyway, thanks for helping me :)

Regards,
Juan Francisco.

Suggest an answer