Does JIRA have an audit table for statuses?

Wayne December 15, 2017

I would like to create a report of how long it takes tickets to transition for one state to another.  In our Scrum we have 4 states (ToDo, In Progress, In Verification and Done). So I would like to create a report that I can get the average time from ToDo to In Progress, In Progress to In Verification, etc. but this would require that JIRA keeps track of all the transitions. 

So can someone tell me if they keep track of this information and if so how would I get access to it?

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 15, 2017

Hello,

There are several ways to create such a report

1. Use Jira Api to get history information. It would be ChangeHistoryManager class and create a report Jira plugin.

2. Use available add-on like Eazybi.

3. You can query Jira database. It would be changegroup and changeitem tables

Wayne December 15, 2017

Thanks for the info, do you happen to know if there is support for PowerBi? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 15, 2017

Not directly, you'll have to build and maintain an ugly database mapping which can change on new releases and when add-ons are used.

SQL is the worst possible approach to this (and that's how PowerBI works, which is terrible), please go with Alexey's option 1 or 2.

Suggest an answer