Does JIRA have an audit table for statuses?

I would like to create a report of how long it takes tickets to transition for one state to another.  In our Scrum we have 4 states (ToDo, In Progress, In Verification and Done). So I would like to create a report that I can get the average time from ToDo to In Progress, In Progress to In Verification, etc. but this would require that JIRA keeps track of all the transitions. 

So can someone tell me if they keep track of this information and if so how would I get access to it?

Thanks 

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Alexey Matveev Community Champion Dec 15, 2017

Hello,

There are several ways to create such a report

1. Use Jira Api to get history information. It would be ChangeHistoryManager class and create a report Jira plugin.

2. Use available add-on like Eazybi.

3. You can query Jira database. It would be changegroup and changeitem tables

Thanks for the info, do you happen to know if there is support for PowerBi? 

Not directly, you'll have to build and maintain an ugly database mapping which can change on new releases and when add-ons are used.

SQL is the worst possible approach to this (and that's how PowerBI works, which is terrible), please go with Alexey's option 1 or 2.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

281 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you