Do you have to upgrade Greenhopper when upgrading Jira?

Shelli October 4, 2011

Hi,

We are currently running Jira 4.1 with Greenhopper 5.2. We are planning on using Crucible/FishEye and need to upgrade Jira so that we can integrate Crucible with it; planning on upgrading to 4.4 (latest). Will our Greenhopper 5.2 work in Jira 4.4? I couldn't find a compatibility list/grid on the website, but maybe I'm missing it?

Thanks!

EDIT:

After posting, I've found a reference that Jira 4.4 comes with Greenhopper, but needs to be activated. So, my follow up question is, will our 5.2 license activate Greenhopper in Jira 4.4?

Thanks again!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2011

There's a compatibility matrix at https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/matrix/5129 which says you'll need at least Greenhopper 5.7 for Jira 4.4. I feel that should be in the GH docs too somewhere!

Your Greenhopper license should work fine - the policy looks like they don't tie you to any releases. As long as your licence is valid for 5.something, it'll be valid for the latest version of Greenhopper, as long as it's active (if your licence ends at the end of October, you can upgrade to any version released before the end of October, but if they release a new version in November and you don't renew, you won't get the newer version)

Suggest an answer