Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Disable Notifications when custom fields updated

Hi all

i know this has been asked before and answer has always been no but hoping something has changed since the last no!

I just want to be able to prevent notifications being sent out when certain fields are updated. We have several administrative fields we want to use but we just cannot justify the additional emails that get created when updating the fields.

Other ticketing systems handles this with ease so I find it bizarre it cannot be handled here! 

Is there a page in this community you can make requests which can be ‘liked’ by other members so the developers can see what’s truly wanted?

Thanks guys!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted

@Shaine Chance - can you send an example of the notifications you're referring to?

...or you're stating that you want to prevent "Issue Updated" emails from going out when certain custom fields are updated? Like in this thread?

Hi Dave - thats the one.

I know the answer was a no (in all threads I read) but here's hoping something had changed recently!

Has the great function of adding any kind of custom field to allow great use of internal reporting but no way of preventing end users getting these useless (to them) updates :(

What about my second query? Is there an area we can 'vote' for suggestions or is there nothing like that in this forum?

Kind regards

Dirk Ronsmans Community Leader Jun 21, 2021

@Shaine Chance ,

Not on the forum here, you can either raise a request through the support portal (https://support.atlassian.com/contact) or use the issue/suggestion tracking portal

https://jira.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

When you raise a request with Atlassian support they often end up creating an issue/suggestion there. But you can also search them and vote/watch for any changes

Like Shaine Chance likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted

Hey @Shaine Chance and welcome to the community!

Like you already mention there is no way to limit the Issue Updated notification based on specific fields.

It's pretty much a catch all situation:

Issue Updated -> send notifications.

From my perspective the only way i've been able to change this is by using an app.

A couple examples are:

1. Using an automation plugin (which you should have by default on Cloud) and use that to replace all your notifications (or at least the issue updated one). In the Automation rule you could run an additional check besides "issue updated" and also check on the field value changed.
  2. Using a secondary/third party email plugin. One I've used a lot in the past is Email This Issue. There you can more creatively define the rules on how to send our notifications using JQL's and more.

So I fear out of the box, still gonna be a "no", but if you are willing to invest time (and/or money) there could be some workarounds.

Hi Dirk

I appreciate the answer.

Such a shame it cannot be incorporated as standard as I can see the benefits it would bring to people!

Kind regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you