Deleting Filters Subscriptions of Inactive Users

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2017

I found this article: https://web.archive.org/web/20130501165708/http://wiki.customware.net/repository/display/ATLASSIAN/How+to+delete+filters+and+subscriptions+added+by+other+users which allows me to delete individual filters in the database, is there another way to go about this? Or a way to automatically delete filters of inactive users that are no longer in use?  Is there a way to do this within JIRA rather than in the database?

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

If you have admin permissions in JIRA you can delete shared filters from System > Shared Filters. https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver075/managing-shared-filters-935391875.html

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Is there a way to do this for subscriptions, so to unsubscribe inactive users from filters?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

No, but once a user becomes inactive email notifications will not be generated for that user. I believe there are feature request to be able to manage subscription from a global standpoint, let me see if I can find it.

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 20, 2017

Correction, it is possible, but bit of a manual step. If you go to manage filters and then go to details you can manage the subscriptions from there.

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2017

Thanks, I can see which users are subscribed to which filters but it does not give me access to unsubscribe them to filters (with admin access).  I think we could use this method to determine who is subscribed to which filters and then go into the database and delete them from there?  

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 21, 2017

The other option to deleting them from the database is to have the owner of the filter do it from within JIRA, or change the owner of the filter to you and then delete the subscriptions.

You should always be careful making changes directly in the database.

Suggest an answer