Delete an Epic or Issue on Next Gen Project

Eric Lamborn November 14, 2018

How do i delete an Epic or other issue type on a next gen project?

1 answer

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Hello,

For example, like this:

Screenshot 2018-11-14 at 18.39.01.png

Eric Lamborn November 16, 2018

Yes, thank you! I also learned you need to be an admin on the next gen project in order to do this.

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2018

You are most welcome!

Arielle Adams November 21, 2018

I am an admin and am unable to delete issues. Is this permission only given to the project lead? If so, when can we expect the permissions scheme feature to be added to this type of project?

Eric Lamborn November 21, 2018

You need to be an admin of that board, not just of JIRA. You have to go the board settings -> People and add your user as an admin in order to delete epics/issues/tasks.

Like # people like this
Salih Mujcic
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 17, 2019

So are we saying that people are unable to delete their own tickets if they are not admins? This seems like the most counter intuitive thing to do!

Like # people like this
lisi.peng
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 7, 2020

Agree - you should not need admin permission to delete your own tickets.

Martin Vano January 27, 2020

Can we expect that this will be addressed in some of the next Jira releases? I found that a lot of standard things that were part of classic projects (fx components) are simply removed from next-gen projects without any explanations. 

Mike Boote July 3, 2020

I don't think people should be able to delete their own tickets. You lose traceability.  If a ticket is created, there is a reason.  If the creator thinks it needs to be deleted they should make the comment and assign to the project/dev lead for closure action as they see fit. 

Eric Dauenhauer
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 3, 2020

I would also like to be able to delete my own tickets. I sometimes create duplicates by mistake and quickly being able to delete them would be very helpful.

Suggest an answer