Default groups when creating new projects

Firat Atalay September 12, 2022

When I create a new project, the following groups and roles are assigned by default.
Where can I edit, remove or add other groups?

Also, a group called "jira-users" is added, I deleted this group only for this project, but it is constantly added in new projects.

Untitled.png

Could you help me? Where can I stop "jira-users" from being added to projects by default?

Best regards.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

When a project is created, unless otherwise specified, the project will use the Default permission scheme which is defined in settings - issues - permission schemes. You can change this scheme if desired, however it is often best to simply not use the default scheme for anything other than as a template for creating project schemes, at least IMO.

Dear @Jack Brickey , I reviewed the related project's permission schema and I still couldn't find the related field. How can I edit the groups added by default from the schema settings?

Vikrant Yadav
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

@Firat Atalay  Go to https://<JIRA_URL>/secure/project/ViewProjectRoles.jspa

Check Manage Default Members for Admin,Developer and user role. 

Thanks

Like # people like this

@Vikrant Yadav I had checked but didn't see it, I checked again and found it. thank you very much. 

Like Vikrant Yadav likes this
1 vote
Venkata.Suneel September 12, 2022

@Firat Atalay 

Go to the global project roles where you will see Manage Default members. You can modify the groups

Regards,

Venkata Suneel

Thanks for your answer. The problem has been solved. 

Solution : Go to "Project roles" > Manage Default Members

Best regards,

Like Jack Brickey likes this

Suggest an answer