Customizing View Issue Page - details section of JIRA 5.1.8

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

I want to add more custom fields to the details section. In 4.4.5 it was possible and so i customized but i did not find the vm file associated with it in the version 5.1.8. How to customize the View Issue page Details section to modify the contents What is the vm file associated with the details section.

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

In JIRA5, view issue page is rendered using view-issue-plugin.*.jar, which is a bundled plugin. You will have update it as mentioned here.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2013

Hi Jobin, As suggested i modified the jar file and bundled again. I am able to see the changes on the view issue screen but i am also getting the following exception in the logs.

2013-01-18 20:14:22,854 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin 'com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.bamboo' : Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bamboo-plugin [63]: Unable to resolve 63.0: missing requirement [63.0] package; (package=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.viewissue.issuelink). This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that package doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D

How can this be handled? Please suggest.

Suggest an answer