Customization of activity stream

Pavel Veretenkin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2011

Hello,

Is there a way to hide some activites from Activity Stream? In my case this is Linking activity. I mean I don't want users (it would be better if only defined users, but all users will be quite good too) to see that somebody changes link to the issue.

Regards, Pavel.

3 answers

0 votes
abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2011

With Activity Streams 4, which is in JIRA Studio now and will be shipping in upcoming releases of Atlassian applications, it's possible to customize activity filters on a per-Stream basis. However, there is no feature to hide certain activities across the board.

Regarding your scenario specifically, rather than configuring JIRA, I think it makes more sense to refine the Activity Stream to not show activity regarding issue links that the user could not view due to permissions. JRA-20711 reflects this scenario; you may want to add some feedback there.

cheers,
Arun

0 votes
Pavel Veretenkin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 24, 2011

Hello, Ron.

I need to hide certain activities, not certain user's activities. If user1 creates issue, it must be displayed in activity stream. If user1 link issue to another, it must not be displayed. This is for using Jira as a support system. We don't want end users to see our internal project's issue numbers. Cloning is not displayed in activity stream, but linking is. So I want to hide it from the end user.

Regards,

Pavel.

Teck Hong Loong July 24, 2011

Hi Pavel,

That is not possible to hide certain activities and what we can do is only show the user activities or hide it.

Warm regards,

Ron.

0 votes
Teck Hong Loong July 24, 2011

Hi Pavel,

you can allow certain user to update their activity through Administrator>System Dashboard.

Edit Activity Stream and choose username that you allow to update their activity.

Hopefully it helps you.

Warm regards,

Ron

Suggest an answer