Custom filter using jql query

uday ramakrishna September 8, 2011

Hi I created the below query to displayall tickets opened by the requestor who is logged in currently and the tickets they opened with open and resolved status. What dismays me is that currentUser does not seem to do anything. It displays all the results.

status = Open or status = Resolved and reporter was currentUser()

Also is there a way to order these columns in the filter? Using default coumns yeilds none of the fields i need and chosing the coumns from the dashboard adding the favorite filter yeilds no ability to change the order

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

So, summarized:

- for the query: status in (Open , Resolved) and reporter was currentUser().

- for the column order use https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/37658, add "Column order" gadget to the dashboard.

dont forget to accept it if this solved it.

This is an awesome solution and it worked like a charm :) and this is on the version 4.4

0 votes
TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2011

about the query: try this status in (Open , Resolved) and reporter = currentUser() and reporter was currentUser().

I dont really get the ordering part of your question, ORDER BY status asc works well (or any field if not status order what you want)

Thanks Toth. That was awesome. It worked like a charm.

Here are the detail aroundordering the columns. When i create this filter i am adding this to the users dahsboard. I am using the "Filter Results - All issues" as the gadget. While using this i have an option to chose "Default Columns". I would believe that is the order that is defined when the filter is created. But Sigh thta is not the case. If i choose the columns from the dashboard, there is no way to order them. Am i missing a step?

TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

for me its the same ordering like in the filter. I'm using 4.3.4, maybe for you in 4.4 its different.

TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

could you direct me to these posts? or tell us if you find something about that?

I read some post that said that it is alphabetical and we need to buy a plugin for $200 to make it change the ordering which is ridiculous. Will keep exploring, thanks for your help.

TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

oh I got it totally wrong. you want to change the column order, they come up in alphabetical order (like Priority, Status, Summary, but you'd like to see them az Summary, Priority, Status.. am I right?). if yes, https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/37658 is what you are after. Its listed as commertial, but its free to use, just tried it.

I could be mistaken i am trying all possibilities in the hope for a miracle but the below link is what gave me the impression that it wont work default.

http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=40503

Toth,

Thank you for the plugin. I installed it and for some strange reason does not seem to show up as shown in the screenshot but i guess i am one step away :).

Appreciate the timely help.

TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

add the gadget named "Column Order", not "filter results".

Oh wow that was what i was missing. Thank you for the super fast response :).. Now it works like a charm.

Thanks again for the help.

TothJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 8, 2011

cheers, no problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events