Custom fields on Jira Mobile Connect

Martha Castillo January 4, 2012

Hi there,

I added JMC to my iPhone App and I tried to add custom fields,as AngryNerds does, but it didn't work for me.I've noticed, AngryNerds just sends the value for the first custom field ("Top Score") , but not the other ones (i.e. "jmctestfield" , and "jmctestfield2") defined in the CustomDataSource.Is that right or am I missing something? .

Moreover, I want to set the fix version and assignee fields .Is that possible by using custom fields?

Best

MC

1 answer

1 vote
Nick
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2012

Hi Martha,

Custom fields will only be set on JIRA if they exist for the project and issue type you are creating.

The name of the custom field you set in your app must match the name a custom field available to your project in JIRA.

In the NERDS project at http://connect.onjira.com/browse/NERDS, only the 'Top Score' custom field exists. If you create an issue via the Web UI for that project, you will see it down the bottom of the form.

The jmctestfield and jmctestfield2 are just examples, and don't exist in the NERDS project, hence they wont get set.

So please check that you have a custom field in JIRA defined in your project of the same name as the customfield you are submitting.

Setting the fixVersion is currently not supported, nor is the assignee. Does using a default assignee for the project suit you there?

If you create a JIRA in the CONNECT project: http://connect.onjira.com/browse/CONNECT for setting these, we may be able to support that soon!

Best Regards,

Nick Pellow

JMC Developer

Martha Castillo January 4, 2012

Thanks for your answer.

Regarding your question about using a default assignee, the answer is yes.I want to set assignee different fron default , because my app manages so called business environments and we want to set assignee according to the bussiness environment the user is working on.

I have created a new feature in the CONNECT project for setting fix version and assignee

Best,

MC

Suggest an answer