Custom field above status field in view screen

WillemA November 27, 2013

We have created a custom field (Affects Tool(s)). Added this to the view-screen. When this field has a value it is displayed as expected in the Details column of the JIRA issue.

Now we want to change the place of this field to (as an example) between status and resultion as the arrow shows in the attached picture.

How can we do this?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2013

You will have to modify the view issue bundled plugin to do this.

Modifying bundled plugin is not generally recommended as you will have to do it for every release but if you can't live with it, see an example at http://www.j-tricks.com/1/post/2012/05/modifying-atlassian-bundled-plugins.html

Rudy Holtkamp December 1, 2013

@Jobin Changing something in the Details section (.vm file) is not so evidently as changing the order of sections (.xml file) as you described in the example. Whatever I do I see to get a rederer error.

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp December 1, 2013

@Jobin Changing something in the Details section (.vm file) is not so evidently as changing the order of sections (.xml file) as you described in the example. Whatever I do I see to get a rederer error.

0 votes
Rudy Holtkamp November 27, 2013

And how can you make certain that the custom field is always displayed even when no value has been set?

Suggest an answer