Crowd Users group Are not shown Or not Syncronized in JIRA

Khaled Abdo August 21, 2011

Dears

I added Users in Crowd and i added them to Jira groups (users,developers, administrator )

But in Jira they are not assigned in any group and i cant Login to Jira with those users.

I am using jira 4.3.3

Anyone Can help ?

4 answers

0 votes
Ivar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 12, 2011

Even though Jira/confluence will tell you sync successfull it might be very wrong. Reason is that exceptions during the sync aren't handled gracefully. It can fail on the first user you try to sync, fail on all the others and still report 'successful sync'.

As Colin says, check the logs (should be \crowd-home\logs) for Crowd. It should give you a good indicator if the sync is ok or not:

2011-10-07 05:54:58,589 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-5] [crowd.embedded.hibernate2.HibernateGroupDao] addAll The following groups could not be processed:
2011-10-07 05:54:58,589 INFO [QuartzScheduler_Worker-5] [crowd.embedded.hibernate2.HibernateGroupDao] addAll crowd-administrators

If you have something like the above there is a decent chance that the sync failed.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 21, 2011

If you can log into JIRA with an admin user, go to User Directories and force a Crowd sync. Then retry logins.

Also, when you are attempting to login, have a look what the Crowd log is saying to see if it is rejecting the user there

<th class="name-header" style="text-align: left; padding-top: 0.426em; padding-right: 0.426em; padding-bottom: 0.213em; padding-left: 0.426em; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: #999999; font-size: 1em; vertical-align: top; font-weight: 400; width: 488px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">Directory Name</th><th class="type-header" style="text-align: left; padding-top: 0.426em; padding-right: 0.426em; padding-bottom: 0.213em; padding-left: 0.426em; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: #999999; font-size: 1em; vertical-align: top; font-weight: 400; width: 488px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">Type</th><th class="order-header" style="text-align: left; padding-top: 0.426em; padding-right: 0.426em; padding-bottom: 0.213em; padding-left: 0.426em; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: #999999; font-size: 1em; vertical-align: top; font-weight: 400; width: 156px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">Order</th><th class="operations-header" style="text-align: left; padding-top: 0.426em; padding-right: 0.426em; padding-bottom: 0.213em; padding-left: 0.426em; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: transparent; color: #999999; font-size: 1em; vertical-align: top; font-weight: 400; width: 488px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial;">Operations</th>

Remote Crowd Directory

I did sync crowd .

Atlassian Crowd Move UpMove Down

Synchronise

Last synchronised at 8/22/11 9:48 PM (took 0s).

Adding 3 groups to the cache.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2011

Crowd logs. In crowd-home\logs

Where i can find the crowd log?

tomcat Logs or Crowd Log?

the /home/crowd/logs/atlassian-crowd.log

it doesnt change when i logged in and give auth. error?

is it possible the logs will be in /etc/crowd/

?

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 21, 2011

You need to make sure the groups are also added to the JIRA application in Crowd. Have a look under the Applications tab and see what you have set under the directories and groups tabs

Suggest an answer