“Create project” template

Chris Cangialosi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 22, 2024

Hello,

1.we are launching jira in our organization and are currently running a pilot for one of our applications. Ine of many deliverables  that i am trying to produce is some type of template that a project lead can submit with everything that they need for their project to be built. For example - what issue types do they need, what customfields do they need, what do they need their screens to look like. For example for a bug - for each status what fields need show up, notifications for each transition etc. 

is there any type of template like this available ? 
2. in the same realm as this , is there any type of what im calling a config guide template? Another words i have built a templated enterprise project. How can i show management in a digestable way , what issue types are in it, name of issue type scheme, name of workflow scheme, workflows in the scheme, name of each screen and scheme etc . 

I am a one man team trying to implement an enterprise project and process so any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated . Thank you so much. 

Chris

chris.cango.0728@gmail.com

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2024

Hi Chris,

Create a new project and give it a name with Template in it somewhere. Maybe even create a Project Category called Template to help identify these so people know not to change them. 

Get everything in place for all of the configurations as you want it. 

Then when you create new projects, create them based on this "template". 

You go to Projects in the top nav menu, select Create Project. 

In the next popup, select Create with Shared Configuration at the bottom.

That will create the new project with all of the same configurations. 

Screenshot.png

0 votes
Kavitha Chandrasekaran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

Hi @Chris Cangialosi 

When you create a new organization and then a new Jira project, it comes wit the default issue types and workflows, notifications, field configuration, Screen schemes etc. Instead of trying to define everything at the start, you could start with the default and then update as needed based on how the teams are using it and actually require it to function. 

If you have specific questions, please feel free to reach out to me.

All the best for your pilot project.

Thank You. 

Suggest an answer