Create a filter for a gadget

Ben Pape
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

I want to create a filter for a pie chart gadget that will display components without displaying NO COMPONENT

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Hello @Ben Pape 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Use this in your filter to get only issues that have some value in the Components field.

component is not EMPTY
Ben Pape
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 23, 2024

Thank you. I just figured that out.

But, my problem now is that whoever created our page has duplicate entries in 'Request Type' that are showing up in 'components' which I would like to filter from the gadget. 

Thank you for your reply

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 23, 2024

Hello Ben,

The Components field can have multiple values; let us say the values are A, B, and C.

Let us say that C is a duplicate value in the Components field that you want to exclude.

If the issue has value C plus another value, do you want the issue excluded or included?

If you use

component not in ("C")

...then any issue that has C in Components will be excluded, even if it has other values in the field also.

If you want to exclude the issue only when C is the only value in Components, but include the issues where C is just one of the values then you need to use this:

component not in ("C") and component in ("A","B")

The second list has to include all the values that could be in the Components field along with C.

Suggest an answer