Create New Project In JIRA

Rajakrishna Sudhakaran December 19, 2021

I want to create a new Project in JIRA for my team.

Under Projects I do not see the create option.

How do I become a JIRA administrator?

3 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Piotr Zadrożny _Eyzee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Rajakrishna Sudhakaran 

Welcome to Atlassian Community! 

As you already noticed to create new project in Jira you need to have Administer Jira global permission which can be granted to you by any other Jira administrator. 

Jira Global Permission documentation can be found here.

Probably in your organization only selected people have such permission granted for security reason. It would be better to just ask them to create project for your team.

Best regards,

Piotr 

Rajakrishna Sudhakaran December 20, 2021

Thanks for the info. Will check it out!

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

You do need to be an administrator to create a new project.

To get that right, you need to talk to your administrators, they're the only people who can grant you admin access.  

Rajakrishna Sudhakaran December 22, 2021

Thanks!

0 votes
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Hi @Rajakrishna Sudhakaran 👋

Welcome to the Community! You will need to talk to your global administrator as they'll need to change the permissions attached to your user. Below is the steps they will need to take...

Granting global permissions

1. Choose Administration (  ) > System

2. Select Global Permissions to open the Global Permissions page, which lists Jira's global permissions.

The Add Permission box is shown at the bottom of the list (not displayed in the screen capture above).

3. In the Permission drop-down list, select the global permission you wish to grant.

4. In the Group drop-down list, either:

• select the group to which you wish to grant the permission; or

• if you wish to grant the permission to non logged-in users, select Anyone on the web. This is not recommended for production systems, or systems that can be accessed from the public Internet such as Cloud.

Please Note:

• If you have reached your user limit, you will be able to create new users but it won't have login permission.

I hope this helps but if you have any other questions just ask away 😃

All the best,

Laura

Rajakrishna Sudhakaran December 22, 2021

Thanks for the info. Will check it out!

Suggest an answer